When planning the wedding reception couples can have a hard time deciding between a formal sit down dinner where waiters serve the meal or a buffet-style dinner where guests can help themselves. Here are some factors to consider when making this decision.
- Guest can choose from a variety of food. They are not limited and can also choose their portion size.
- Buffets are great for casual weddings.
- Most of the time a buffet-style dinner is less expensive since you safe money on serving staff.
- Keep the reception space in mind. Is there enough room for the buffet table and guests to walk around?
Sit down dinner:
- Sit down dinners are a great option for traditional and more formal weddings.
- Guests do not have to get up and wait in line. This is especially good for older guests or children.
- You will pay for the exact number of portions that you need.
- When you have a more intimate wedding with less guests a sit down dinner will work great.