Local bridal shows are familiar with their home territory. They may even know many of the local vendors that qualify as a legitimate business to any newly engaged couple not familiar with who to contact. The multi-market show producer working around the country can get aggressive in each local sales campaign as they are not familiar with each local area wedding business. They may not be able to correct details into the assigned venue with traffic flow, seating, lighting, decor and other areas occurring during the day of the show. With year round weddings and exciting new brides every year, we realize that among all the amenities we have to offer, our most precious assets are our exhibitors and sponsors! We invite our local exhibitors at upcoming http://www.showbride.com shows or mixers to submit bag stuffers that serve as nice goodies in swag bags for engaged couples. For us, almost any month can qualify into bridal show season! Hampton Roads is always gearing up for bridal shows you don’t want to miss! Find inspiration in every booth is our goal! #bridalexpo #weddingshows #showbride #localbridalshows (photo credit: One-of-a-Kind Photography from Vintage Aesthetic Bridal Expo)
Bridal shows are the best events to attend to plan your wedding. They can be festive and full of great ideas to gather. You meet and talk directly with wedding businesses and see samples of their work first hand and get a much better idea of costs involved. On the down side, they can be crowded, overwhelming and most of all confusing to you and whoever you bring with you. But if you plan ahead, you will get more out of your bridal show experience that day!
- Set priorities. Make a list of what you need most, and decide what the budget is for each of them. When you visit these service providers, let them know what you are willing to spend.
- Decide when you will begin to book these services. Venues may need to be booked sooner if your big day falls between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Gowns take at least six months to come in, then you have alterations to consider.
- Realize their maximum bookings. Photographers , DJs , videographers , consultants and even florists will only do one or two weddings per weekend, and are secured quicker.
- Bring the decision maker with you. If you are the major decision maker, bring someone you trust for another perspective. That person can also help carry brochures/magazines and other goodies inside the swag bag you are given.
- Bring important items. Bring your calendar to book appointments. Bring your credit card or checkbook to lock down bridal show specials that day. Swatches are helpful when speaking with florists, cake vendors, gown companies and decor businesses.
- Bring address labels containing your email and number. This will save you time entering drawings or contests.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Get your exercise on! Most shows last three at least three hours (including the fashion show time).
- Have fun! Share this exciting time with everyone around you just adds a more fun and memorable experience in your wedding planning journey. Enjoy!
Photo: Platinum Entertainment Photography
In 2019, there are four ways you can get tickets to attend an upcoming bridal expo with Showbride. Eventbrite is a global ticketing platform for events of all shapes and sizes. Groupon is a service that can save you money through the use of virtual coupons. On Showbride, your information you complete as you purchase your tickets helps us connect you to the right wedding business. And now CoVaTIX, which is a local, competitively priced, user friendly, customizable on online ticket portal dedicated exclusively to Coastal Virginia events. Each one has its advantages and we invite you to examine each one as you plan your afternoon with any upcoming Showbride event! #Showbride #Eventbrite #Groupon #Covatix